My first few posts have been about the stresses related to dealing with a learning difference. However, what I have not said is I feel really blessed. My life could be so much more difficult. There are parents who are reading this dealing with Autism, ODD, and a host of other things I may have never heard about. I realize there are parents that would trade for my troubles in a minute, because there are medications and treatment that have a significant benefit on ADHD. Not all kid’s behavior problems or learning disabilities are able to be addressed as effectively. I know this, because my middle child does have a few extra concerns. The most difficult to deal with is sensory integration disorder or sensory processing disorder. I have heard both terms. That is for another Blog. Right now I want to address my top ten blessings.
- I know how to pray and have faith in God’s will for my life.
- I have children to love.
- My children can tell me they love me.
- My children laugh with me.
- My children are of normal intelligence.
- My children are at a school that encourages and supports them, and me.
- My husband helps.
- My children are generally happy.
- My kids can learn to be self-sufficient.
- My kids are loving good people, who care about others.
The last thing I want to say is I refer to ADHD, because that is what I know. I know there are parents out there dealing with more serious concerns or with less of a support system. I am writing this so we can virtually support each other. This Blog is for any parent who knows the blessings and stressors of dealing with have a Different kid. I have no question our kids will grow to be productive and successful adults, we just have to get them there. What are your blessings?
Black ADHD Mom